https://connectnc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CNClogo3.png 0 0 ConnectNC https://connectnc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CNClogo3.png ConnectNC2011-03-01 12:26:582011-03-18 16:22:44How do I enable SMTP authentication in Outlook 2007
- Open Outlook 2007
- From the Tools menu select Account Settings. The Account Settings box appears.
- Verify that the E-mail tab is selected. Your email account appears, usually labeled mail.olympus.net.
- Click on the account to highlight it, and click on the Change icon above it. The Internet E-mail Settings appear.
- Click the button More Settings… in the lower right-hand corner. The Internet Email Settings box appears.
- Click on the tab Outgoing Server.
- Click the check box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and verify that the circle-box Log on Using is selected.
- Enter your Username and Password for your email account
- Click OK to close the Internet Email Settings box.
- IMPORTANT: Do NOT use the “Test Account Setting…” button to test the settings. This will fail.
- Click the Finish button to close the Internet E-mail Settings box. Click the Close button to close the Account Settings box. SMTP authentication has now been enabled.