Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
These directions are intended for web hosting customers.
1. In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools and then E-mail Accounts
2. On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select “Add a new e-mail account” and click the Next button.
3. For your (incoming) server type, select “POP3” and click the Next button.
4. On the Internet E-mail Settings window for POP3, enter your account information:
- Your Name
- Enter your first and last name.
- E-mail Address
- Enter your e-mail address.
- User Name
- Enter your e-mail address again.
- Enter the password for your e-mail account.
- Incoming mail server (POP3)
- Enter yourdomain.com for your incoming mail server. Replace “yourdomain” with your actual domain name.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Enter the SMTP (outgoing mail) server name for your outgoing mail server. Check with your ISP (provider of cable, DSL, etc.) for the correct setting.
5. Click the Next button.
6. Now click the Finish button.
Note: Many ISPs do not allow outgoing mail through any but their own servers. It’s for this reason that we require you to check with your own ISP (cable, DSL provider) for the outgoing mail server address. Most Internet cafes or places where you can get free wireless access don’t allow outgoing mail except through webmail.