Once you log in to the dashboard of your website - do the following:
- Click on Appearance?and choose Menus.
- Either create your own menu, or modify an existing one.
- On the left side of that page, you'll see: Pages, Posts, Custom Links, and Categories.
- Click on Custom Links.
- In the URL field, put a # in there (hold down shift and press 3).
- In the Link Text, put the name you want to appear.
- Click "Add to Menu."
- Your new menu button will be added to the menu.
- Now, drag your button to where you want (up/down), then move it left/right in the hierarchy.
- Click "Save Menu" at the top or bottom of the page.
Now, when you reload your website, that new menu you created will show up. ?This is a handy way to use submenus with a top level menu item that needs no existing page.