Check email from your hosting accounts with Gmail
Retrieved from https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?hl=en? on February 10, 2016
If you have multiple email accounts, you can check them all in Gmail. Gmail's Mail Fetcher feature first imports all your old messages to Gmail and then continues to bring in new messages sent to your other account. You can add up to 5 accounts, including Gmail and other email providers.
- Open your Gmail account.
- At the top right, click the gear Settings.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Accounts and Import tab.
- In the "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)" section, click Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Enter the full email address of the other account, then click Next Step.
- Enter your password.
Now you have a few options to choose from.
Here's our recommended settings:
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server - Check the box. Otherwise the emails in your other account will be deleted and you'll only be able to access them in Gmail.
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail - Keep checked. For some accounts, you may need to uncheck this option.
- Label incoming messages - Check the box if you'd like to easily see which emails in your inbox came from this account.
- Archive incoming messages - Don't check. Only check if you don?t want to see new messages from the other account in your inbox.
Click Add Account.
If you get an error message while getting set up, click the Show error details link to find out more about what's not working.
For other errors, visit our Problems with Mail Fetcher troubleshooter. Once your account has been added successfully, you'll be asked if you want to be able to send mail as this address. This lets you compose messages in Gmail, but have them appear to be sent from your other email account. Gmail will check your other account for new emails periodically. You can see when the other account was last checked from the "Accounts and Import" tab.
Was this answer helpful?
Here's a link to a YouTube video we created that shows you how to add an auto responder in your...
Go to https://mail.connectnc.com Log in with your Email Address and Password Click on...
If you used the CPanel email configuration wizard to add your account to your IPhone or IPad and...
What is this error? If you are receiving an error similar to "Domain example.com has exceeded...