Acceptable Use Policy/Terms of Service
This statement represents the acceptable use of ConnectNC’s wide area Transmission Control Protocol over Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) wide area network (WAN) for data communications. It is only intended to address the issue of WAN use. In those cases where data communications are carried across other local, regional national, and/or international networks, Customer is advised that acceptable use policies of those other networks apply and may be more restrictive. Acceptable Use
Customer is expected to inform its users of all applicable acceptable use policies, whether from ConnectNC or any other applicable network.
This service is provided to you at your home or business, and is intended to be used by you personally, for your individual use. You – the Customer/Subscriber – are personally responsible for those who use the service in your home or business, (family members, employees, etc.,) and any violations of this policy which may occur, regardless of whether you authorized that use or not. Only one person at a time may use your account to access the service.
- Advertising may not be “broadcast” or otherwise sent on an intrusive basis to any user of any network.
- It is not acceptable to use ConnectNC for illegal purposes.
- It is not acceptable to use ConnectNC to transmit threatening, obscene, objectionable or harassing materials.
- It is not acceptable to use ConnectNC so as to interfere with or disrupt network users, services or equipment. Disruptions include, but are not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertising, propagation of computer “worms” and viruses, using the network to make or attempt to make unauthorized entry into any other machine accessible via the network and sustained high volume network traffic which substantially hinders other customers’ use of the network. Subscribers who engage in the distribution of unsolicited commercial e-mail WILL be charged a minimum of $50.00 for services required as a result of actions taken by the system administrator to process complaints.
- Information and resources accessible via ConnectNC and all interconnected networks are proprietary to individuals and organizations which own or hold rights to those resources and information unless specifically stated otherwise by the owners or holders of rights. It is not acceptable to use ConnectNC to access information or resources unless permission to do so has been granted by the owners or holders of those resources or information. Placement of files, resources or information into a computer directory structure accessible via “anonymous ftp” or a published public TELNET account grants defacto permission for access to all network users.
- The Web server is not to be used as storage space for software unless the subscriber holds all rights to that software. Subscribers are not to use the Web server for distribution of any shareware, freeware or other files unless permission is obtained from the System Administrator. There will be an additional charge if the server is to be used for distribution of files or programs.
- ConnectNC reserves the right to regulate and/or prohibit, in its sole discretion, the use of ConnectNC to deliver commercial services, including but not limited to, network management or sales of information services or any use which seriously diminishes service available to other customers.
- ConnectNC may be required to monitor user activities to prevent fraud, enforce the TOS, maintain the network and systems, including spam and virus filtering, or protect the ISP or others, or to comply with legal process.
- Customers’ Web server space is intended for the exclusive use of the customer and not for use by anyone other than the registered customer. Web server space may not be resold or offered to any other individual or business for use. Subscribers are not permitted to use their connection to this network for services such as FTP or SMTP.
- ConnectNC reserves the right to communicate with its subscribers by e-mail whenever deemed necessary or appropriate. E-mail communications from ConnectNC are not opt-in.
- Port scanning is strictly prohibited. Use of port scanners on this or any other network by a subscriber will result in the immediate termination of that subscriber’s account.
- Use of the Internet, peer-to-peer networks, such as Limewire, Kazaa, AresWarez, etc. to share (distribute, broadcast or play) copyrighted materials (music, movies, etc.) is prohibited by law. ConnectNC, Inc. is required by law to require violators to stop such activity when ConnectNC, Inc. is notified or becomes aware of violations. Subscribers who violate copyright laws are subject to fines and harsher penalties. ConnectNC, Inc. DOES NOT reveal the identities of its subscribers to any company or agency without a court order.
- ConnectNC reserves the right to modify the Terms at any time without prior notice. If the Terms are changed in a material, adverse way, ConnectNC will provide a separate prior notice advising of such change. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms. Your continued use of the Service shall constitute
your consent to any changes and modifications.
- “Unlimited” use is defined as human-interactive use. The account is not intended to be a dedicated connection. Additional charges may be incurred if the account is used as such.
- ConnectNC reserves the right to refuse service to any entity at its sole discretion.
- ConnectNC reserves the right to terminate service without notice at its sole discretion.
ConnectNC will review alleged violations of applicable Acceptable Use Policies on a case-by-case basis. Violations of these policies which are not promptly remedied by Customer may result in immediate termination of Internet access.